I’ve started a new blog, only it’s in swedish this time. You can find it here:
I’ve been talking about sexism recently — my own and others — and I have to say I’ve found it increasingly exasperating to see the massively defensive response of “not all men are sexist” that inevitably follows. One, because it’s wrong (more on that in a bit), and two, because the more I see it, the more it’s obvious that it’s a derail, as in, “Holy shit any discussion of sexism makes me uncomfortable so I want to make it clear I am not sexist so I’ll just demand recognition that not all men are sexist so I can be lumped in with those men who are not sexist and I can be okay with myself.”
(I also note a fair correlation between the men who demand acknowledgment that men are not all sexist and the men who show some general hostility either to women or to the idea that…
View original post 1,384 more words
I now have a new excuse not to talk to people. “Sorry, can’t chat. I’m mentally choreographing the next sex scene in my new Star Trek fic”. Totally valid. Thank you songlinwrites, you made my day.
So I’ve seen a lot of themed “days” floating around both on blogs and on instagram (mostly there) and I decided this is something I want to do. Since I’ve recently reawakened this blog, it’s probably a good idea to try and post something everyday. This is my blog, some posts will be deep, some will be funny, some will just be bullshit I just thought about. Having one themed post a day seems like a good idea to gain at least some structure. Some I borrowed from the instagram hashtags, some I made up myself. Caution. These may change as I keep blogging.
- Man Crush Monday – obvious
- Tidbit Tuesday – small pieces of fun facts and gossips I want to share
- Woman Crush Wednesday – also obvious
- Throwback Thursday – All kinds of nostalgia for me, be it photos or memories or songs I listened to when I was 5.
- Fandom Friday – I’m a fangirl and a geek. Deal with it.
- Science Saturday – science things I find I wanna share because science can be awesome and cool
- Selfie Sunday – Some believe people taking selfies are self-absorbed and vain. But if you can’t love yourself then who are you gonna love?
So, what do you think of my idea?
So I read The Sandy Vagina’s Post about this, and I couldn’t help but share it as well, because it’s hilarious and true, It’s a bit scary how many guys out there I’ve met that showcase at least some of these signs when you talk to them (guys as in strangers I meet when I go out or similar situations, I’d like to believe people I know do not). The tumblr post can be found here and a shirt with the text on here.
1. You have no problem with the gender wage gap. But you hate having to pay for dates.
2. You insist that it’s a scientifically proven fact that men are stronger than women. But you complain about society believing that it’s worse for a man to hit a woman than for a woman to hit a man.
3. You believe that the age of consent is unfair and that there’s nothing wrong with having sex with teenage girls. But when you find out that a teenage girl enjoys sex, you believe she’s the biggest slut in the world.
4. You hate when a woman automatically assumes that a man is a douchebag before getting to know him. But when you like a woman who likes another man, you assume he’s a douchebag just because he’s not you.
5. You believe that if women want equality, they should be drafted into the military. But you also believe that the military is not a place for women.
6. You hate when women assume that men are like wild animals. But you believe that a woman who doesn’t cover up and make herself invisible to men is just like someone wearing a meat suit around wild animals.
7. You hate the fact that men are bullied for not conforming to their male gender roles. But when you find out that a man disagrees with your beliefs about women’s rights, your immediate response is to try to emasculate him by comparing him to a woman as an insult.
8. You hate when women assume that there are no nice guys. But you call yourself a nice guy and act like it’s a rare quality that should cause women to be all over you.
9. You hate when women assume that men just want to get laid. But when you find out that a man is a feminist, you assume that he’s just doing it to get laid.
10. You hate when women make generalizations about all men. But when a woman calls you out for being sexist, you claim that all men think like you.
11. You insist that women should be responsible for protecting themselves from being raped. But when they follow the one piece of advice that actually works, which is being aware of red flags, you complain about them assuming that all men are rapists.
The pain when you fall in love with a character and they only appear in two episodes. Damn you TNG! Currently watching the 4th season and I love half-klingon K’ehleyr, unfortunately she’s only in two episodes and she won’t appear in any more (considering TNG ended in 1994). Oh the joy of being an emotionally invested fangirl (insert heavily sarcastic tone here).
So you know lots of people have more than one computer screens? I do, two of them. Normally I watch something, like a tv-show or youtube on the big one and do other stuff like reading or gaming on the smaller one. Today however, I realized I was doing something incredibly hard without realizing it. I was watching a youtube clip on the small screen and a Star Trek: TNG episode on the big one, and I could follow both. Now though I have a bit of a headache, I don’t have the brainpower for watching and listening to two different things at the same time, but it was fun while it lasted. Wrong kind of multitasking for the brain.
The Youtube clip I was watching.
Star Trek The Next Generation Season 3 Episode 25 Transfigurations