I’ve started a new blog, only it’s in swedish this time. You can find it here:
I’ve been talking about sexism recently — my own and others — and I have to say I’ve found it increasingly exasperating to see the massively defensive response of “not all men are sexist” that inevitably follows. One, because it’s wrong (more on that in a bit), and two, because the more I see it, the more it’s obvious that it’s a derail, as in, “Holy shit any discussion of sexism makes me uncomfortable so I want to make it clear I am not sexist so I’ll just demand recognition that not all men are sexist so I can be lumped in with those men who are not sexist and I can be okay with myself.”
(I also note a fair correlation between the men who demand acknowledgment that men are not all sexist and the men who show some general hostility either to women or to the idea that…
View original post 1,384 more words
Ok, wow I suck at this already. I said I would post one day a day, and I’m already late.
Anyway, sorry about that, here’s an awesome parody video of Jason Derulo’s “Talk Dirty To Me”. This is my kind of dirty talk!
Because Star Trek
Because Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy (Seriously though, is it only the trekkie in me that sees Orion Uhura?)
And Finally, Because Beautiful, Badass and Star Trek
I now have a new excuse not to talk to people. “Sorry, can’t chat. I’m mentally choreographing the next sex scene in my new Star Trek fic”. Totally valid. Thank you songlinwrites, you made my day.
So I’ve seen a lot of themed “days” floating around both on blogs and on instagram (mostly there) and I decided this is something I want to do. Since I’ve recently reawakened this blog, it’s probably a good idea to try and post something everyday. This is my blog, some posts will be deep, some will be funny, some will just be bullshit I just thought about. Having one themed post a day seems like a good idea to gain at least some structure. Some I borrowed from the instagram hashtags, some I made up myself. Caution. These may change as I keep blogging.
- Man Crush Monday – obvious
- Tidbit Tuesday – small pieces of fun facts and gossips I want to share
- Woman Crush Wednesday – also obvious
- Throwback Thursday – All kinds of nostalgia for me, be it photos or memories or songs I listened to when I was 5.
- Fandom Friday – I’m a fangirl and a geek. Deal with it.
- Science Saturday – science things I find I wanna share because science can be awesome and cool
- Selfie Sunday – Some believe people taking selfies are self-absorbed and vain. But if you can’t love yourself then who are you gonna love?
So, what do you think of my idea?